Monday, July 6, 2009

Baden-Powell Freehike

“Baden-Powell had incredible views . . . The mountain dropped off dramatically down to canyons far below. We could see the High Desert off in the distance. The 9,407 ft summit was incredible. There were only little pockets of snow left on the trail to play in on the way up. The air was clear and much cooler than down below! There were amazing old pine trees, all gnarled and twisted like life sized bonsais. . . The best part was no one was around but Jen and I, so I quickly ditched my clothes and hiked up to the summit! I made a little flag out of a trekking pole and my kilt to wave above the peak. . . When we decided to head back down to our packs there was still no on coming up the trail, so I continued back down in the nude! It was a very happy exciting reward after the long challenging climb.” – Eric, Nakedwords

No comments:

Post a Comment