Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December 1st Morning Hike

Not much to write about this morning. PJ and I had to be at work by 11:00 am, so I got up early and took a morning freehike around the Loop Trail above Olive Dell Ranch (about three miles), starting at 7:30 am. It was only a little cool to start, and I warmed up nicely once I got going. I wore shoes and socks, and took nothing along. One doesn’t even need a water bottle when the weather is cool.

Along the way I scared up a flock of grouse (I counted 22). I heard a wild burro, but didn’t see any.

I returned via the new nature trail, and got back just in time to help pack, and then sadly get dressed and leave.

Still, it’s nice to have some naked morning exercise – freehiking is the best – and in December no less.

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment