Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Northeast Washington State

“I was able to take three camping trips in Northeast Washington State this summer. I camped at Canyon Creek Campground (a 2 hour drive north of Spokane) and then ventured out from there on my mountain bike. There are hundred of logging roads off of Highway 20 from Kettle Falls to Republic. This year I was able to ride my mountain bike on several of these deserted roads nude. I'm very cautious when it comes to wide open areas that I think I can be seen. I seldom ran into anyone because of it's remoteness (not sure that is a word). Many of the roads were pretty steep for me to ride, so I ended up freehiking up most of the hills. But the ride down was worth it. On Sherman Creek Road I saw a bear cub running across the road. I waited a few minutes to make sure the mother wasn't too far behind, but I never saw her. I was also able to go down to my favorite creek and spend a good part of the day nude. The last day there I noticed a big birch tree downed by a beaver. I realize that most of the readers here probably won't ever make it to this part of the USA, but if you do, it's worth the trip.” - John

No comments:

Post a Comment