Thursday, January 21, 2010

Winter Freehiking - Wife Gets It Right

I wish every spouse understood naturism like the wife in this story. I'm so lucky PJ understands; it wasn't always like that for me.

“We’re going to try to stay conditioned over the winter by hiking at least once per weekend. So, about 11:00 this morning we hit the trail . . . I had long john bottoms and insulated hiking pants with five layers on top since I hate coats - gloves and beanies . . . A mile and a quarter into the hike we already ascended most of the 900 feet and the wind was all but non-existent. We took a side trail and I mentioned that all the human tracks seemed to be from much earlier today and if it were only five degrees warmer I would have given it a try. That’s when she said it: ‘I dare you. In fact, I double dog dare you.’ . . . I stopped at the next sunny, bare spot (no snow) along the trail and sat down to start peeling off layer after layer. . . From there it was pretty much just another naked hike . . . As we were approaching the heavier traffic area . . . on the way back I saw a large log I could sit on to put my clothes back on. . . I said ‘I’m going to get dressed here’ to which D’s instant reply was ‘Only if you can catch me’. It took me about three seconds of mental confusion to realize she was carrying my pants. Of course she gave me my pants right away but she stood there laughing as she gave me a hypothetical play-by-play of what someone may have seen and heard if she had actually taken off running with me chasing her naked through the snow at 39 degrees yelling ‘Give my pants back!’.” - Happy Hikers

No comments:

Post a Comment