Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Freehiking's a Spiritual Connection to Nature

“I feel connected to my surroundings more when I am nude in nature. I have had so many encounters with wildlife from deer to coyotes and once a moose. It seemed as though the animals didn't quite know what to make of me. I have also encountered clothed hikers and in almost every case they have been positive. For me a solo nude hike in a remote forest is a spiritual experience. It renews my soul and fills me with joy. I take my time and I seem to observe my surroundings more. I feel the wind and sunlight on my body I am getting the fullest experience I can. A nude walk during a gentle rain is an experience difficult to top. It is something difficult to explain it's like explaining ice cream to someone who has never tasted ice cream. I know that this is a minority within a minority of the population but there is something so incredible, so wonderful about it that only those of us doing it can know. I encourage you all to get there and give it a try.” - Alan

2 comments:

  1. Ken,

    My "spritual" connection is to God AND nature. When I am able to completely ingest the sensations of God's creation all around me, including the sensations of air, sun, water, color, smell and taste, I can't help but marvel at the workmanship of the Hand of the Creator, especially realizing that "naked and unashamed" is how He created and expected us to interface with all of it, covered in false skins ONLY when we need physical protection.

    We have many beautiful and fragrant flowering plants around our house. I notice that I am able to "smell" them far better without clothing. It is as if their pherimones are able to pass through my skin almost as well as they enter my nose. AWESOME!!!

    Son-cerely,
    Nathan Powers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree - God AND nature are more fully accessed when nude outdoors.

    ReplyDelete