Friday, July 30, 2010

Freehiking and Skinny Dipping with Nature

“Yesterday I was hiking naked in a light rain and paused for one of those it's-all-good experiences with a squirrel. We 'chatted' for the longest time. I suppose he'd never seen all the parts of a two-legged before - kept running back and forth on the low branch studying me - we were both very comfortable in our skins. And tonight, I was skinny dipping with a loon diving about 10 yards away. There we were, both of us sliding quietly through the water in synch with our environment. That stuff doesn't happen to guys in board shorts.” - Alfresco10

How many of you have had similar experiences? I know I have. Whether wild donkeys or owls or deer or coyotes or quail or lizards or snakes or insects, I've loved observing animals and nature while freehiking. It's part of what makes freehiking so very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment