Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ranger at State Park

“Last summer I was hiking in a state park that never gets many visitors, almost none in the summer. There were no cars in the parking lot, so I figured a freehike was in order to some backcountry lakes. At one point I had to walk about 200 yards along a dirt service road that connected two trails. Wouldn't you know it, that was when a ranger came driving along the road. He just waved as he drove by. It was hot and dry, and I was headed to the lakes, I assume it wasn't the first time he had run across a skinnydipper in transit. As it turns out, it's a good thing he didn't ask me to put my shots back on, I had accidentally dropped them from my pack a couple miles back and didn't find them until the next day on my way out. Oops!” - Bobinca

No comments:

Post a Comment