Monday, June 28, 2010

Chautauqua Gorge Freehike

“I met the Northcoast Naturists group . . . we hiked along the creek bank a bit until we arrived at the painted rock where we undressed . . . It was more of a freehike than a skinny-dipping outing. We didn’t spend a lot of time at the falls but it was refreshing to take a dip. . . At the point where we had originally come down into the gorge we . . . dressed and made our way back up to the top. Outside of walking some short trails in a nudist camp, this was my first freehike. I’ve never really had much of an interest in hiking but my hike through the Chautauqua Gorge was rather enjoyable. I could describe it in the usual terms: the warmth of the sun, the breeze on my skin and the cool wetness of the water but they don’t adequately convey what I felt. It’s something that has to be experienced firsthand to really be understood.” – Rick

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the quote. For those unfamiliar with Chautauqua Gorge the painted rock marks the beginning of the unofficial nudist area and warns others that nudity may be encountered. The words "Nudist area next one mile" are painted on the rock in bright yellow.

    ReplyDelete