Here is an informative freehiking report by SoCal Smoothy. If you have a report to share, please do.
Fuerteventura (GPS: 28.375875,-14.055748) is one of the Canary Islands off the west side of Africa. It is part of Spain. This is one of the best places in the world for nude beaches and free hiking. I have just secured a flight out there at the beginning of January (6->16) to explore as much of the island as possible. This island includes:
* Virtually unlimited beaches where nudity is accepted amongst the textiles (except for a few major towns/ cities) Some are more popular with nudists (the Dunes south of Corralejo, Morro del Jable, Los Verdes)
* A national park of dunes which are 3 x 10 km in size - great for low impact free hiking (gps: 28.696792,-13.847008)
* A region of dunes that cross the island for about 3-5 km. On the east side of the island is a popular FKK beach with Germans- Costa Calma (28.162413,-14.252043)
* A 17 km stretch of beach very popular with free-hikers (28.126441,-14.248424)
* Lots of volcanoes to go climb (28.638419,-13.841743 )
While the cost of the airfare is significant (expect $900-1200 - I'm coming from southern California), there are inexpensive, but adequate accommodations. I will be staying at a 2 star studio in El Cotillo for about 35 euros ($45) per night with a kitchen, a small patio where I will be nude (the place is naturist friendly) that sits on the beach popular with both nudists and textiles. One can eat out (there are many good options) or buy at the local store and cook in the apartment. I know of working Brits who holiday on the island for 2 months out of the year.
I encourage any freehiker to consider this and other locations in Spain in the future. When I return, I will try to report on new hikes. If you get a chance to visit, drop me a line.
SoCal Smoothy - www.hikingnaked.com