Monday, February 21, 2011

El Paso Freehike

On February 18 & 19, 2011, PJ and I finally had the chance to get away from work to freehike for the first time in about six months. We explored the hills east of El Paso, Texas, and found a great spot to wander nude for an hour or so – we named it Trashshooter Valley.

It was such a relaxing relief to feel the breeze on my bare skin once more. I get anxious every time I take a break from freehiking. How I missed the healthy sun and exercise. Nothing beats freehiking as a healthy lifestyle!

Saturday PJ was involved shopping, so I returned to check out a near-by spot – Poleline Road. For an hour and a half I hiked naked on the Poleline Road up into the hills, through glorious desert vegetation, with wonderful vistas. After reaching a mountain pass, the road descended into a hidden valley. I continued up a wide gravel wash with cactus on both sides.

What a glorious feeling the sun hot on my nude body, the light winds wafting past cooling the sweat – vitamin D in abundance. This is the way life was meant to be lived – naked and free - walking nude through the desert in February. Too soon I had returned to the car, and headed back home for a shower – only 30 minutes away.

Here are some photos from the freehikes: http://imageevent.com/kenandjane/elpasofebruary

Did I mention I love freehiking! Do you love it too?

If you live near El Paso you'd be welcome to join our freehikes; it would be great to form a freehiking group here. We will probably freehike several times a week for the next month or so.

In April we will return to Colton California to organize the second Bare Burro 5k at Olive Dell Ranch. You can learn more about that at www.olivedellranch.com.

We look forward to seeing our naked friends again, and to meeting new friends - perhaps even in El Paso.

No comments:

Post a Comment